Drivers operate a delivery trucks in order to pick-up and deliver product to specific job locations as required by our customers. They serve as the “face of Townsend Building Supply” on many occasions. Our drivers maintain a professional appearance and positive attitude while delivering “best in class” customer service.
Responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Participate in the loading of goods in the yard in preparation for customer delivery.
- Make sure all loads are complete, accurate, and properly secured for transport to job-sites.
- Safely operate a commercial vehicle in compliance with all DOT regulations to pick up and deliver goods to a customer’s job site.
- Operate a boom truck to accomplish delivery when necessary.
- Direct responsibility for boom truck while on the road and at customer job sites.
- Complete and maintain all required shipping documents.
- Forklift operation.
- Perform required vehicle and equipment inspections and follow up on “action items” related to the inspection reports.
- Maintain driver logs in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Represent Townsend Building Supply in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain a positive work environment by interacting with all co-workers and customers in a professional and respectful manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL License and at least 2 years CDL-A driver experience.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations as they relate to the proper and
safe operation of motor vehicles.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 80lbs.
- Ability to operate a forklift for loading & unloading purposes.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in a team based environment.
- Dedication to safety.
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
401k w/ company match