The role of Inside Sales is to sell Townsend products and services to customers within the retail store setting.
This position is responsible for:
- Greeting customers as they come in the store.
- Answering phones when necessary.
- Developing strong knowledge of product lines.
- Working with the customer to identify and provide solutions to their product needs.
- Assuring that the customer receives “best in class” service in every respect.
- Maintaining shelf stock to provide merchandise to meet customer needs.
- Maintaining cleanliness on the store floor and surrounding areas at all times.
- Presenting a professional image at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Specific Requirements Include But Are Not Limited To:
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- At least 2 years of experience in retail sales.
- Strong interest in learning the building material product lines.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of current office technology.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Personal integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
401k w/ company match