As a member of our Truss Plant Team, you will assist in the assembly of roof and floor trusses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cut and assemble truss components per plans.
- Run a component saw and laser projection system for the truss table.
- Perform duties essential to professionally complete each truss assembly project; including but not limited to, placing connector plate at each truss joint by hammering in place, rolling a machine over the truss to embed the connector plate, send the truss through the finish press, and then move each assembled truss to the yard for delivery preparation.
- Maintain a neat and orderly job site at all times
- Positive interaction with employees and customers
- Represent Townsend Building Supply in a professional manner at all times
- Being alert at all times
- Follow all safety rules
- At least 18 years old
- Able to perform manual labor
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively follow written and verbal instructions
- Basic knowledge of construction and tools
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Dedication to safety
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, and stoop for long periods of time
- Must be able to pass background and drug tests
- Computer experience preferred but not required
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
401k w/ company match