As a member of the Warehouse Team, orders will be filled in a safe manner while being courteous and professional at all times. This position will require the use of a forklift. Forklift operators will be well trained and follow all the rules and regulations set forth by OSHA and Townsend Building Supply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Loading and unloading customer vehicles in a safe and professional manner.
- Participating in the loading of all goods in the yard in preparation for customer delivery.
- Read customer orders and shipping orders to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed, and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Assist with unloading trucks and checking in merchandise.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Completion and maintenance of proper loading documents, as well as shipping and receiving documents.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed using appropriate method.
- Daily operation of forklifts for loading and unloading of stock and stock replenishment.
- Assist with delivery and pick-up on job sites as necessary.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
Working Conditions Include:
- This position works in a warehouse setting, with some exposure to outside weather conditions. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers, and standard warehouse equipment such as a fork lift and hand trucks.
Specific Requirements Include But Are Not Limited To:
- At least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to perform manual labor
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively follow written and verbal instructions
- Basic knowledge of construction and tools
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Dedication to safety
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, and stoop for long periods of time
- Must be able to pass background and drug tests
- Computer experience preferred but not required
Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance – Available after 30 days!
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
Paid vacation after 6 months!
401k w/ company match